Encouraging the kids (and yourself) to read can sometimes be hard. Why not make things more exciting with some DIY bookmarks?! Over 20,000 people have tried out these fun bookmark ideas, and there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Simple Handmade Bookmarks
- Pressed Flower Bookmarks from Cutesy Crafts are the perfect spring craft. Learn how to make your own flower press too or buy flowers already pressed.
2. Contact Paper & Leather Bookmark from Practical & Pretty are easy to make, inexpensive, and look so pretty!
3. I love the Handmade Bookmarks from Tater Tots and Jello. Use any scrapbook paper you have sitting around and laminate with contact paper if you don’t have a laminator.
4. Felt Bookmarks from Leap of Faith Crafting look like a lot of fun for the kids to make.
Handmade Creative Bookmark Designs
5. These DIY Bookmarks for Kids from Cutesy Crafts are a little more advanced, but look oh so cute!
6. Use your embroidery skills to make these Metal Embroidery Bookmarks from Cutesy Crafts.
7. Use old handkerchiefs or fabric to make these pretty Fabric Bookmarks from Cutesy Crafts
Unique Bookmark Ideas
8. Use any bow template to make these Fun Felt Bow Bookmarks from Cutesy Crafts.
9. Similar to the bow bookmarks, these bookmarks from Felt Flowers from Cutesy Crafts are so pretty!
10. I love these Pretty Ribbon Bookmarks from A Cultivated Nest! Use vintage buttons or jewelry to make them even more special.
Inspirational DIY Bookmarks
What should I write in my handmade bookmarks?
Write your favorite quote from a book or anything that inspires you to read or makes you happy!
11. Random Acts of Kindness Printable Bookmarks from Natural Beach Living will inspire you while you read.
12. I love the quotes on the Inspirational Quotes Bookmarks from The Crafting Chicks!
Printable Handmade Bookmark Design Ideas
13. These Free Printable Bookmarks from Organize & Decorate Everything will definitely encourage kids to read.
14. Beauty and the Beast Coloring Page Bookmarks from Cutesy Crafts are great for a themed party or anyone who loves the movie.
15. I love the colors on these Printable Bookmarks from Blooming Homestead.
16. Aren’t these Printable Punchcard Bookmarks from Over the Big Moon neat?! Perfect for reluctant readers to reach their goals.
17. These Printable Coloring Page Bookmarks from By Dawn Nicole are great for those who like to color.
Bookmark Designs (Handmade Easy & Fast)
18. Paper Weaving Printable Bookmarks from Red Ted Art make a really fun and easy craft for kids.
19. How adorable are these Cute Cat Bookmarks from Paint Chips from DIY Candy?! They are made with paint chips. So fun!
20. My son would just love these Corner Shark Bookmark from Hey Let’s Make Stuff.
Aren’t they all so cute?! Let me know if you make some of these DIY bookmarks. I’d love to see how they turn out. I want to try making the ribbon bookmarks for myself. They are so pretty! My kids would probably enjoy making those ones too. Maybe with some more kid-friendly embellishments on the ends though. So fun! Also take a look at these fun tween and teen craft ideas!
You’ll Also Like: