DIY Eraser-Stamped 4th of July Shirt

It’s DIY 4th of July shirt time!  I wasn’t kidding when I said I was going to make an eraser-stamped shirt for every holiday.  (If you’re new here, you can see what I’m talking about here and here.)  They are so easy and cute, I just couldn’t resist!  Added bonus… this 4th of July shirt looks SO good with the pinwheel hair clips that I made last week.

DIY Eraser-Stamped 4th of July Shirt - Made with Freezer Paper and a pencil eraser!

If you’re kids are talented, you could even let them make their own.  I’m not brave enough to let them completely go at it alone, but I do let them help with the dots a little.

My favorite part about these eraser-stamped shirts is that you don’t need any special equipment to make them.  Just grab some scissors, and you’re good to go.

You’ll also need:

- star pattern
- a shirt
- Freezer Paper (found mine at the grocery store)
- fabric paint
- pencil with an unused eraser

First, trace the star shape on the NON-shiny side of a piece of freezer paper and cut it out.  If you were doing a more intricate design, you could use an X-Acto knife, but scissors worked fine here.

DIY 4th of July Shirt

Put the star on your shirt, shiny side down, and iron in on.

4th of July shirt with Freezer Paper

Dip the eraser of your pencil in blue and red paint and start stamping around the star.  Put another piece of freezer paper or cardboard inside the shirt to keep the paint from bleeding through.

I like to put the dots closer together around the star and then fade them out.  Kind of makes it look like a firework!

Once the paint is dry, peel the star off.  Follow the instructions on your paint to heat set it.  This usually involves ironing or putting it in the dryer.

diy-4th-of-july-shirt-4

That’s it!  So easy, right?!

If you like this shirt, you’ll probably like these other eraser-stamped holiday shirts too!

Eraser-Stamped St. Patrick’s Day Shirt

Eraser-Stamped St. Patrick's Day Shirt

Eraser-Stamped Easter Bunny Shirt

Eraser-Stamped Easter Bunny Shirt

Share it!Email this to someoneShare on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUpon

41 Responses to DIY Eraser-Stamped 4th of July Shirt

1. I think this one might be my favorite! It does look like a firework – so neat!

2. Marina says:

muy original…me encanta y la hare rapidamente…gracias por publicarla

3. LOVE this (said in a sing-song voice!). Pinned, FB shared, and I am totally going to make these with my girls!

4. Kelley says:

How cute!! I want to make them with my daughter and nephews!!

5. This is so cute, Jessica! My boys would love to do this!

6. Emily says:

cute!!! You have done so many great versions of this… cute every time.. Pinned!

7. Kristy gd says:

Can’t wait to see what you do for all the other holidays! I still love this idea.

8. Love the simplicity of this shirt and how you have adapted the technique to different holidays. Pinned and stumbled.

9. LHJ says:

How cute is this?! SO doing this for the 4th!!!

10. Ellen says:

Very cute. I never knew you could iron freezer paper on.

11. Chasity says:

Oh my goodness! I love the ease of this project, and it looks so neat! I think when I try it, I may even glue a few rhinestones here and there to give it a little sparkle! And love, love, love that it can be used for other holidays as well!

12. I love freezer paper stencils and this is SO cool!

13. Norma says:

Love love this. Going to give it a try. What type of glue will keep the rhinestone on?

• You know, I’m not sure. I’ve never used rhinestones before, but they probably have the stuff that you need next to the rhinestones in the store.

• Toni says:

Hi Norma, Any rhinestones that are labeled “hot fix” already have glue on the back. All you have to do is press your iron on top (with a thin press cloth preferably) until the glue melts and Ta-da… instant sparkles!

14. Lynne says:

I loved this idea. I have a grandson on the way and will use this to jazz up some plain onesies I have for him. When I try this, I might use the cut out to stamp around the outside of the pattern on one shirt and then use the paper that pattern was cut from on another shirt and stamp the inside, fading from edge to middle.

15. Alpana Deo says:

Pretty. Just loved the simplicity. And white color made the design even more beautiful. I am sure my daughter would love to do this..:)

16. Beachcomber says:

Adorable. Thanks for sharing. I like the rhinestones idea, too. What a great holiday art project.

17. Toni says:

Yay! I knew it was coming, but they’re still fun every single time!

18. Dianne says:

LOVE the eraser shirts! Sure hope you do ALL of the holidays! It’s adorable…one question..do you use the same eraser? Or a different one for each color?

• Thanks! I just use the same one. Rinse it with some water and then dab it dry. Just don’t rub the eraser or you might ruin the shape. I also find that the white erasers hold up a little better for stamping than the pink ones.

19. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts – you were featured today!! – - Mandy, SugarBeeCrafts.com

20. Tracee says:

Just made these with my 6 and 3 year olds. They turned out so cute! Thanks for a perfect 4th of July shirt that they are proud to wear!

21. Lynn says:

I’m going to make one of these for myself with the rhinestones. I need something festive for tomorrow! Thanks for the idea.

22. Amy Riddle says:

We just made a couple of these shirts, with some minor differences. I used a foam start to trace, and fabric paint markers (using with toddlers, so much easier). They don’t fade like the actual paint, but its ok. They look so cute! Thanks for the idea!!

23. Casey says:

Thank you so much for this idea! I made them with my kids and they really loved it. I used dark blue shirts instead since my kids immediately stain anything white! My son did a different design that turned out really neat, he was so proud. You can see pictures of how they turned out on my blog: http://simplejoycrafting.blogspot.com/2014/07/eraser-stamped-t-shirts-for-july-4th.html