Felt Princess Crowns

**Edit: I’m so glad everyone likes my princess crowns!  I hope you will take a second and click here to subscribe.  I’ve got lots of other templates/tutorials on my blog and more on the way!**

Now… for the moment you’ve all been waiting for… the felt princess crowns that I made for Evan and Audrey’s superhero and princess party!  I had a lot of fun designing these, and the girls at the party loved them!  Can you tell which one belongs to each princess?

I think these three are my favorite.  Don’t know if it’s because I like the colors or if it’s because they took the most creativity.

And because I am awesome, I am letting you have the templates that I created for free!  Just leave a comment to thank me because I love reading them.  Ha ha!  Click here to get them.  Each template will print out on two pages that you will have to cut out and tape together.

Cut two of the overall crown template in the main color to make them double thick.  If you are using small felt squares, you will need to cut out the fabric like the photo below.  If you have large pieces of felt you can cut it out as one whole piece.  If you have to cut it out in pieces, make sure to cut the four small pieces a little longer than the template so that when you overlap to sew everything together, it’s long enough.  Oh… and sorry about the blue on blue photos.  What was I thinking?  It’s hurting my eyes! LOL!

First sew on any embellishments and/or decorative stitching.  Note that the Snow White and Cinderella crowns have “windows” to a piece of fabric behind and are not like the others where you have pieces to sew on top.  For the rose on the Belle crown, I just looked up how to make a felt rose.  There are tons of templates and tutorials to choose from.

Next pin the top layer to the bottom layer.  Notice on the photo below how I overlapped and pinned the side pieces to the main crown.

Stitch the side pieces to the main crown (if you are using small felt squares).

Leaving the crown flat, sew all along the top and the bottom.  Do not sew the two ends shut as you will need to tuck the elastic into these parts.

Tuck your elastic into one end of the crown and sew it shut going over the elastic to secure it.  I was just using what I had laying around from the superhero masks that I made, but it would probably look a bit nicer to have just one wide piece of elastic for this part.  A one inch wide piece would probably work.

Curve the crown around and tuck the other end of the elastic into the other open end.  Sew that side shut, securing the elastic, and you are done!

Since we bought Evan this Look and Find: Marvel Heroes book as a gift, I thought this First Look and Find: Disney Princesses book would be PERFECT for Audrey.  She loves it, and the best part is, she can’t rip the pages since it’s a board book.  At age 3, it’s the perfect difficulty level for her too.  Awesome!

And speaking of gifts and homemade goodness, check out this beautiful princess dress that my sister-in-law, Rebecca, made for Audrey.  How awesome to get a homemade princess dress as a birthday gift!  Thanks Rebecca!

Also take a look at the felt star wands that I made.
And here’s a crown for your little Elsa fan!
ElsaCrown
Cutesycrafts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Share it!Email this to someoneShare on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUpon

64 Responses to Felt Princess Crowns

1. These are seriously adorable! You are so talented! Love, Bethany

2. Ken Anderson says:

Wow! Those crowns are lovely. How did I not know about how amazing this blog is. Ken reads it all the time, and I tease him unmercifully about it. Now I guess I can’t because I am right there with him. Thanks for your creativity and inspiration.

3. Anonymous says:

Wow, these are awesome! Super creative and your sis did a great job on the dress! Thank you for sharing the template.

4. Michelle says:

Oh my! Love the crowns, very creative! I printed out your Super Hero mask templates last week, and I’ve been working on them each night when my son goes to bed. They are turning out so cute! Thanks again for the free templates!

5. Pam says:

Thanks so much for sharing the patterns for your fantastic crowns!!! I LOVE them and no wonder the girls at the party loved them also. I look forward to seeing more of your creativity…

6. Pam says:

Hi Jessica, I’ve featured your Princess Crowns today… Threading Your Way with Threading My Way Features” .

7. These are fantastic! What a brilliant idea for a birthday party or even as stocking stuffers or small Christmas gifts.

8. Amy says:

These are darling, very creative! I love that they are made of felt, so durable for those little hands! :) We had a looks and find princess book when my daughter was 3 too and she LOVED it. :)

9. Anonymous says:

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing, I will be making these for my girls tonight!

10. Gigi says:

I just finished making three superhero masks for my son’s party and he had an idea that the girls at the party should have crowns instead!!! Thank god for you and your tutorials!!!

11. wensaundy says:

thanks, my kids are so excited to be “real” batman, cinderella and rapunzel! so glad i keep a stock of felt and 1/4″ elastic in the stash.

12. Anonymous says:

Thanks a bunch You are awesome with these crowns!! My girls will absolutely LOVE them!! Thanks again for sharing.

13. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for the templates! Perfect for my boy/girl twins!

14. Mel says:

Adorable! I have 8 nieces, so a variety of princess crowns is a MUST. (P.S. I have a couple of friends named Evan and Audrey – married to each other – so it was a little weird to keep reading about them here! :D)

15. Jessica says:

Thanks for all of the comments! Mel, funny about the married couple named Evan and Audrey. :)

16. Karen says:

Thanks for the patterns! I am making a dress up trunk for my daughter for Christmas and these will be wonderful!!

17. Jessica says:

Karen, what a cute idea to do a dress up trunk of homemade costumes! Glad you like them!

18. Cyndi says:

I am making these right now, just cut out your fantastic templates. These will be the perfect Xmas present for 2 special little girls. I might try adding a lighter green to the Tiana crown. However, I live in the Yukon and my felt selection can be limited!!! Thank you for sharing!

19. Kait says:

Thank-you! I am going to make a couple for my daughter and her friend, whose birthdays are very close. I am terrible at drawing and measuring so this will help a lot!!

20. Randi S says:

I’m working on the superhero masks right now but I thought this would be cute for my niece. I can’t figure out a few of the characters: top right, and third row right. I guess I’ve been around boys too much.

• Haha. If you mean the first photo, top right is supposed to be Cinderella. She doesn’t really have a crown, so I just went with light blue to match her dress. The grey one on third row right is supposed to be Rapunzel from Tangled. Her real crown in the movie is crazy detailed. Very pretty. Hope that helps! :)

21. Sarah says:

THank you so much for the fun template. I made 6 sets (48 crowns), for my nieces for their dress up boxes. They turned out great. Thanks again!!

22. Almaelou says:

I loved this idea, super easy! I added glitter puff paint for embellishment instead of cutting out and sewing small circles…..Thanks for the tutorials

23. Lindsay says:

LOVE these!!! You are seriously talented, woman! Thank you a million for sharing your talent with us :) I am for sure following your blog! Don’t want to miss out on your next piece of genius ;)

24. vivian says:

my gd is just at the age to enjoy these, thank you so much. sometimes i just run out of imagination, and looking here just peeks it again.
    vivian

25. Thank you for offering these templates. My best friend’s daughter is celebrating her 3rd birthday this weekend, and these are going to be the perfect gift for her imagination. Thanks again!
    Jo

26. lemondedis says:

masques de super-héros pour les garçons, couronnes pour les filles : ils vont tous adorer !!! (et à mamie de faire le travail – lol !) merci pour ces jolis modèles : je les ai présentés ici http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/fetes-pour-les-p-tits-chats/

27. Heather says:

I’m seeing these in my house in the near future! I love, love, love it!

28. Anonymous says:

Thank you! My daughter will enjoy her Snow White crown!

29. Amy says:

I made the crowns and masks for my son’s preschool class last weekend. The kids love them! Thanks so much for the free patterns!

30. Your crowns and superhero masks are awesome! I’m making the grown up Hulk one for my hubby to wear when he takes our daughter out to trick or treat. I’m brand new to sewing and this is SO much fun!

31. Anonymous says:

thanks! these are awesome and perfect for our halloween princesses

32. Claire says:

Thank you thank you thank you for this blog post! I am going to use the Rapunzel one to make a princess presto crown for my daughter’s Halloween costume! saves me and my lack of drawing skills! I can’t wait until she wants to be another princess I will be back

33. Anonymous says:

Thank you very much for sharing your templates. It is very generous of you. Your crowns are beautiful. My daughter just loves them. What a great job!

34. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for the crowns and masks. I am making a dress-up ensamble for my 3 1/2 year old twin grandchildren for Christmas.

35. Melena Weese says:

Absolutely love these! Will have to get started right after the spiderman masks! Which I was going to just glue but the crowns are so pretty I’m thinking of getting my sewing machine out after 4 years! Thank you!

36. Jen Stults says:

Love these patterns! Our 5 year old twins have requested separate parties this year because our daughter wants a princess tea party. So, the crowns will be perfect for her and the superhero masks will be perfect for our son’s superhero party! Thanks for sharing! :)

37. Sammy Sahni says:

Thanks for the amazing ideas and templates too… Both my kids will love them.

38. mom says:

Hi!
    Thank you so much for the template. I was able to make one for my five year old daughter in an hour. She wanted the cinderella crown with a fairy on it. Easy enough!

39. Cyndi Torres says:

Thank you so much for sharing your templates! My daughter is 2 1/2 and very much into the Disney Princesses right now, but we’re also big into the superheroes. She has well rounded interests. :-) we’re also expecting a boy very soon, so I’m sure we’ll make good use of both sets!

40. Nilcelene says:

Olá Jessica! Muito obrigada por compartilhar os moldes. Amei seus trabalhos…Você é muito caprichosa com a sua arte. Desejo muito sucesso com suas vendas. Abraço! (Sou do Brasil)

41. Jamie says:

Thank you so much for posting the templates and directions for these adorable crowns and the superhero masks. I am planning on making and using them for a party photo booth and I think they are going to be a huge hit. :)

42. Crystal says:

Thanks for being so kind as to share your pattern. I can sew up a storm but to figure out how to make something without a pattern oh my. I can’t do well. And it usually takes me 4 times longer to make a pattern try, rip and try again than it does to sew 20. LOL

You are a Angel for sharing.

43. Clarisa says:

Thank you so much for putting these up! they are beautiful. My nieces and daughter are going to be so happy to get these at Christmas!!