Superhero Party Masks

**I’m so glad everyone likes my superhero masks!  I hope you will take a second and click here to subscribe.  I’ve got lots of other templates/tutorials on my blog and more on the way!**

Evan and Audrey’s birthdays are coming up, and since they are only a week apart, we just have combined parties for now. This year’s chosen theme is Superheroes and Princesses! I decided that the boys are going to get superhero masks, and the girls are going to get princess crowns that you can see here.  So here are the felt superhero masks that I came up with for the boys.

Superhero Masks for a Superhero Birthday Party

They are just made of craft felt, thread, and 3/4 in elastic.  You can make your own by using the drawings or “templates” that I created found here.  **edit: Click here to get them in adult sizes!** You can even glue them if you don’t have a machine or use craft foam or paper if you don’t like the felt look. I made them each with at least two layers of fabric so they don’t flop around.

First, cut out your superhero mask template.  Cut two of the overall shape in the main color.  Next, cut out any details (letter A, hair, etc.) then sew them to just the top layer.  For the Spiderman and Thor masks, I just cut up the template and marked the fabric as I went to sew all the lines in the right places.  I just used some black thread the a regular stitch on my machine.  Sorry about the bad lighting.  It was 106 outside, and I was staying as far away from the windows as I could get.

Superhero Mask Template
Spiderman Mask
Superhero Mask Template
Spiderman Mask Template

Next, cut your elastic to be about 14 inches long.  Pin the two layers together, sandwiching (and pinning) about an inch or so of the elastic in the middle on each side.

Superhero Mask Template

Now sew around the whole outer edge of the mask and eyes with thread that matches the fabric.  Trim it up and you are done.  BE CAREFUL not to cut the elastic while you are trimming!!!  I did it THREE times! UGH! Here is the finished front.

Felt Superhero Masks

And here is the finished back.  More sturdy with two layers and less scratchy stitching against the kid’s faces.

Felt Superhero Masks

And of course Evan was SO happy to pose for the camera.  He thought this picture was hilarious “I’m sad that I’m Iron Man.”

Superhero Masks

Audrey, on the other hand, was more than willing to cheese it up for me and be Spidergirl.

Superhero Masks for a Superhero Party
Going along with the superhero theme, we bought Evan this awesome Look and Find: Marvel Heroes book for really cheap on Amazon.com.  You might have to look around at different listings to find a good price. He loves Look and Find books and this was absolutely perfect for him!  Keeps him quiet and entertained.
I’ve got so many ideas for their birthday party!  Check back in for more.
**EDIT**  I have had a few requests through my etsy shop and by email asking if I can make these for you to purchase.  I would LOVE to sell these masks, but due to the fact that they were made using the likeness of licensed characters, I do not.  These templates are for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
Also, check out my tutorial for appliqued superhero capes!

And these Spiderman superhero cuffs!

And check out how to use the templates to make superhero sleep masks!
Iron-Man-Mask2
Share it!Email this to someoneShare on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUpon

185 Responses to Superhero Party Masks

1. Lisa says:

Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to make them.

2. Emily says:

Audrey cracks me up!!! Looks awesome. Your party is gonna be so cool!! :) Such fun stuff!

3. Michelle says:

Love these! I just did a post on my blog about my son’s superhero obsession, and he wants an Avengers themed party, these are perfect!

4. Theresa says:

These are awesome. My husband is a superhero geek, and passes his superhero knowledge on to the kids. He would be thrilled if he came home to a house of superheroes. Thanks for the patterns!

5. Anonymous says:

I think you should let the girls be superheroes too, there are plenty of great female superheroes out there. why do they have to be princesses? :(

• Plum says:

My thoughts exactly :D But you could alter the colorations to make a Spider-Woman, or adjust Thor’s headpiece to make a Sif, or turn Wolverine into an X-23 :)

6. Jessica says:

I thought about doing girl superheroes, but my daughter told me that she wanted a princess party. I wanted her to be able to pick what she wanted too. :) Thanks for the comments everyone!

7. Courtney says:

My two boys just went ballistic when they saw these. They want me to make them right NOW!
    Thanks for a FABULOUS idea :)

8. Aaron says:

Love these masks…They are just what we needed in this house as our 4 year old little girl is OBSESSED with super heros …with her favorite being Spiderman at the moment. She is even into all the Old School Spiderman cartoons…Can’t wait to make these and thankyou for the tutorial.

9. Cher says:

Great idea and something even someone as un-crafty as me can figure out!

10. Chloe says:

These are so awesome – my 7 year old has just told me his fave superhero is Iron Man (was so sure he’d say Spidey, didn’t even know he had heard of IM, must be playground stuff I guess..) and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises on Saturday, so clearly I need a Batman mask for myself! Thanks for the greta tutorial xx

11. Anonymous says:

And I thought I was done with everything besides food for my 4 year old’s avengers party this weekend … dang you!

12. These are really lovely!! Such a great idea for summer fun. I would love if you wanted to share them in my link party http://toastiestudio.blogspot.nl/2012/07/made-monday-30.html

13. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Someday Crafts! I will be featuring your project tonight on our blog. Please stop back in and grab a Featured at Someday Crafts button for your blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

14. We are obsessed with all things Superhero and had to make these!!! Thank you for such a fabulous idea! I posted it on fb page today:)

15. Nancy says:

I found this on pinterest, and I love it! Pinning! It was fun to explore your blog and I am happy to be your newest follower! I’d love to have you stop by my blog and see some of my felt projects…and other random posts: dosmallthingswithlove.blogspot.com

Nancy

16. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for this! I’ve made three sets! One for my SuperHero crazed son and the others for his cousins.

17. Caryn S says:

I LOVE THESE!!! Thanks for posting the templates. Could you tell me how to enlarge it on the PDF? I would need to make an adult size one (DH is a comic book geek!). Thanks!

18. Jessica says:

Not sure how to enlarge a pdf, but you can probably just pull up the pdf, push Ctrl and Print Screen. Go to a photo editing program and paste the image in. Crop, enlarge and print. Or… if you have microsoft publisher (usually comes with word, excel, etc.) you can email me and I will send you my file to resize. Hope that helps.

19. Pam says:

What a fabulous idea for a birthday party. The boys would LOVE them!!! They’d also be great for the dress up box. I would love for you to share these at our ongoing linky that’s just for Pretend Dress Up Clothes…

20. Rianna says:

My Son is suddenly going through a ‘Spiderman’ phase, and on friday while researching ideas for his party I found these fantastic masks (via pinterest) and he insisted I make the spiderman one straight away, so I’ve spent the weekend handsewing two for him and his sister! Here are my efforts: http://handmadebyrianna.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/spiderman-spiderman-wears-mask-and.html

Thankyou so much for sharing such a fab idea!

Rianna
    x

21. Steffie says:

My daughter (turning 3) and my nephew (turning 4) have b-days 2 weeks apart, to this point we’ve done a combined party. But this year he wanted Superheros and she wanted Princesses, haha! My sis & I decided to just make it a dress up party and do both to keep in combined. These masks & crowns will be perfect. Thank you, excellent timing!

22. Anonymous says:

thanks for sharing.

23. My son would absolutely flip for these! This may be my homemade Christmas project for him!

24. Kristy says:

These are absolutely fabulous!! Can’t wait to give them a try for my lil’ guys! Thanks for sharing!

25. Whitney says:

Thank you SO much for sharing, these are so amazing!! You rock!!

26. Michelle says:

Ok, I originally commented like a month ago about doing this for my son’s super hero party. Well, the party is now over, and I did a post about the masks on my blog. I of course linked it back to you for people to get the templates. Check it out at http://sunshineandasummerbreeze.blogspot.com/2012/08/diy-avengers-masks.html
    I hope that’s ok!

27. Gigi says:

Love this tutorial! My son’s 6th bday party is coming up and of course avengers is the theme and I’m so glad to have found this in time!!! Thank you!!!

28. Anonymous says:

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for… thank you, thank you!

29. Anonymous says:

Dang! I found these one day too late. My daughter’s school had “superhero day” today for spirit week. (yes, she’s in high school, and loves spiderman! :))I’ll make her one anyways. It’s just too bad she wont be able to wear it to school. :( Thank you so much for sharing!!

30. Ange says:

What a great idea!
    My son just decided that he wants a batman party this weekend, so I will be whipping up a few fun masks starting tomorrow!
    I posted about your idea on my blog and will share pics when I am all done!
    Thanks again!

31. The Fear Fam says:

Found via Pinterest! Thanks so much for the tutorial and templates. We are doing an all-handmade Christmas this year, and these will be *perfect* for my kids. Thanks!

32. Anonymous says:

Thanks!! My son loves these.

33. just found on Pinterest and definitely adding to my “to make board”!!!!! THANKS!!
    p.s. After I make them, I’ll be putting a post on our activities page of our blog for preschoolers. Will give you a trackback once posted!

34. Thank you so much for posting the pattern. We used the bat man and spider man for my son’s super hero training camp. And all the kids loved them.

I have my son’s party posted here and I linked back to your site for credit on the masks.

Thanks again.

35. Mamahud5 says:

Those are wonderful & simple to do. My daughter wanted it right away & I’m not the crafty at the sewing machine so hand stitched the elastic, hot glued the rest, & used a sharpie for the Spiderman LOL Thank you so much for sharing! It’s a blessing to find your blog.

36. Jessica says:

Hey everyone! I just want to say thank you for all of the wonderful comments! I have read each and every one of them, and they all make me smile. :)

37. JNW1016 says:

I was wonderinh where you purchased your felt and about how many pieces were needed. This will be a fabulous Christmas present!!

38. Jessica says:

I just used the craft felt that they sell at Joann’s or Michael’s. They are about the size of a piece of paper. For one mask, you will probably need just one sheet of each color used.

39. Awesome superhero masks! Please do share the Princess theme as well. Thank you for sharing your party ideas and fun!

40. Julie says:

mmm. the templates won’t come up for me… i just get a blank page… any ideas?

41. Found via Pinterest! Loving your blog! These masks along with the princess crowns will be on the Christmas making list for this year. Now following your blog.

42. katie says:

Thank you!!! Found this via Pinterest and plan to make them as Christmas gifts this year!

43. My daughter found your masks and superhero costumes by twindragonflies on pinterest and asked me to make them for her preschool class. Guess what I’ve been doing all day?! The kids will love these. Thank you for the templates.

44. Linda says:

Did you use anything to draw on the template on the felt? I may have some black felt left from making Mickey and Minnie ears for my daughter’s 2 year old party last year. Thanks! Doing a Batman themed party for my soon to be 6 year old!

• No, I usually just pin the template to the felt and cut around it. It it’s a really small piece, I usually just hold it. Sometimes I use my disappearing fabric marker, but that wouldn’t work on the black. I have also used just a regular piece of chalk before. Having really sharp scissors and using just the tip really helps get around the curves. Happy birthday to your almost 6 year old!

45. Cyndi says:

So cool! I have a friend with 3 boys who love superheros and every year I struggle to find a really great gift. These are perfect, I just cut out the templates and am about to get started on them. Thanks again for the wonderful templates and ideas!

46. Glad you like them. Thanks for the kind comment!

47. You made the making of superhero masks plainly simpler. Thank you so much for sharing this artwor, which is useful for parties for kids.

48. Mima says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

49. Patrycja says:

The templates are not coming up for me…just a blank page. I tried in explorer and chrome but neither worked. Could you email it to me at pparkhurst3 at gmail dot com. I would really appreciae it!

50. Rebecca says:

Oh no, for some reason the templates are not working for me either, it’s just coming up as a blank page. Can you e-mail it to me or check the link?

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    rebecca03stringer (at) hotmail (dot) com.

51. These are fantastic! I’m gonna make masks, capes, and a fort in Avengers theme for my two boys for christmas! in case you didn’t know, if you make the wolverine mask in purple and black and put an H on it (like the captain america mask) it is the mask for Hawkeye! My boys are gonna love these!

52. Anonymous says:

I do not have a computer or printer. I am just going to freehand cut my pieces based on your examples. Can you please tell me the width and height of just the basic mask? Also on average the distance between the two eye holes. Thank you so very much :) this is going to be a christmas gift for my son.

• Looks like they are about 3.25″ high at the tallest part, 6.5″ wide, and 1″ between the eyes.

• Green Family says:

I’m not the author but am sitting at my sewing table finishing up these guys which my 7 yr old is super excited about having for his party. I’m measuring mine at 6.5″ wide, just over 3″ at it’s longest height and from the bridge of the nose piece to the brow line is 2.5″. The eye holes are about 1.5″ wide and 1″ tall. Fit my adult face and my kids face as well. Also for those who may not know, a good trick for cutting on felt is to first cut out your template then using clear packing tape to tape it onto the felt piece and then cut it out! Makes working tight corners a cinch.

• Thanks! I didn’t have one sitting in front of me. :)

53. Anonymous says:

Found you via Pinterest! Making these masks as I type. Wonderful for my attempt at a homemade Christmas.

54. Michelle says:

I found you via Pinterest as well! One of the commenters asked about resizing the PDFs–I just played with mine using the print menu zoom (or “scaling”) until I got it to the size I wanted (for some reason they were printing super small at first). Anyways, hope that helps! :) Thanks for the tutorial!

55. Staci Wray says:

I can’t thank you enough for these templates. I am making these for Christmas presents for all the little cousins. So far I have made 12 sets, all the heroes except Thor. That includes 2 girl sets of each mask. A pink spidergirl is pretty cute! (Yes, 72 masks)I am also making a couple set of superhero cuffs for each child, found that pattern on pinterest. Here is a couple things that I did to save some time. On the spiderman masks I just drew on the web with a sharpie. It looks great! For my boys I sewed the web on, that took too long but those masks look the best. I found that if I used the heaviest Pellon backing that the masks were stiffer if that makes sense. I bought the Pellon stuff at Walmart, it was $2.77 a yard and I have used about 4 yards to make the 72. I cut the masks out of the felt, pinned it on the pellon and sewed it, then I cut it out. That made sewing the tips of the batman and wolverine so much easier. For the elastic I used this https://www.etsy.com/transaction/71056934, only cause I had it on hand and didn’t want to go to the store. We are gathering at a church with a gym for our family party and I am going to do superhero training games and they will earn their mask after they do the training. Still working on that part. Also, needed a pre-school present the other day so I printed the batman template at 50 percent in size and made a mask for a little Mickey Mouse stuffed doll that I found at Walgreens, we also gave a batman mask and cuffs to go with Mickey. Present was a hit! Thanks again, my Christmas presents this year for the kids are all from your templates. And the kids are going to love them!

56. loving these masks! I made the Batman one back at Halloween and was surprised by how easy it was! Today I’m making a few more for my nephew and am very excited to give him such a great and personalized gift! Thanks!! I’ll be putting a post on my toddler activity blog with photos and a link-back (www.BusyBagCentral.blogspot.com)….once the post is up, I’ll let you know!! THANK YOU!!

57. Anonymous says:

Can’t download template :( says “Sorry, we are having a temporary problem generating a view of the document. Please try again later. ” Second day in a row, numerous attempts trying to download the template and still no luck. Love and wanted to make the mask and princess crowns. Does any one else have this problem?

58. Aubrey says:

I made these for my boys. They are going to be so excited when they get them! Thanks for the templates, making this an easy and fun project!

59. Anonymous says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I made the Spiderman, Batman, and Iron Man masks for my nephew this Christmas and my mother found silk capes online. He loved them and wore them the whole day, changing masks to coordinate with the capes.

I can’t thank you enough for making a little 4-year old boy’s Christmas!

60. Anonymous says:

Hi,

I too was having a problem downloading the templates. I am hoping to make these for my sons 4th birthday party (The Avengers theme), and you hit the nail on the head with these!

• Ugh! Google docs is killing me! :) Send me an email at cutesycrafts(at)hotmail(dot)com and I will email them to you.

• Anonymous says:

Hi Jessica,

I played around on the computer a little bit, and made it work. I have a couple computers with only one connected to a printer, but I found Internet Explorer pulled the files up, but not Mozilla Fox (which is what I use on the computer with printer). So what I did was copy the image to a word document and was able to save and print them all off. Thank you again for your templates. I know this will be a big hit at my son’s party.

• Glad you figured it out and you’re welcome!

61. Angie says:

Thank you. You are so nice to share. I am going to attempt to make enough for the guests at my son’s superhero party.

62. Anonymous says:

thanks for the templets these will be awesome for my daughters birthday party!!!
    thanks again Jeanine!!

63. Hello I am make a set of each mask for my son’s party on Saturday. I have all the masks cut out and pinned ready to sew but had a couple of questions. Did you sew all of Hulks hair down or just around the top edge? How about his eye brows? I know you said to sew the details on first but my question is after you have the wings on Captain America mask you would then go around the outer edge of the mask in blue thread, did you just skip over the wing or go around the outside edges? Same thing with Ironman if you seal the edges applying the gold then how do you go around the whole mask in the red color without going over the gold?

Hope I did not confuse you too much and thanks for the templates and help.

• I just sewed the top edge of the Hulk’s hair and just one line through each of the eyebrows. For the details on the masks, I believe I sewed around all but the furthest edge first. So for Captain America, just sew the inner parts of the wings with the white thread, put the two layers together, and then use the white thread to sew though the outer part of the wings and both layers of the mask. Then change your thread to blue and sew the rest. Make sense? Hard to explain without photos.

• Oh okay I assumed that is how you did it… so basically a lot of changing thread, lol. I did the Hulk mask last night just like you posted (just read this) so we where on the same page. Boy getting those pesky eyebrows to stay in place was not fun! Slowly but surely working my way through them. I did find I had to shorten the length of elastic to about 12-13″ to fit my sons head, at 14″ it fell right off him.

• Yes, lots of thread changing. I think my kids have big heads. Haha.

64. Melanie G says:

i just found your tutorial through pinterest, and am now following your blog. I love these masks. My daughter is all about playing “superhero” and this will be perfect. Thanks so much for the patterns!
    Melanie

65. Plum says:

Hi :) Just wanted to let you know that if you sell them using Etsy, it’s perfectly fine to sell them without worrying about copyright issues. Tons of people sell fan merchandise :D especially if you look under the “Geekery” tab.

• Yeah, I was taking the “better safe than sorry” approach with it. I know there are lots of people selling fan merchandise on etsy that get away with it, but I’ve also heard of people getting their shops closed, sent notices from lawyers, etc. I’ve gone back and forth on it so many times, but in the end, I’d rather be safe. :) Thanks though!

66. I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your masks! You can see them here:

If you have other kid friendly crafts, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

67. Inle says:

These are masks are so cute! I have used them twice, once for a Spider-Man birthday party and just recently I modified them slightly to make Spider-Man and Iron-Man class Valentine’s Day hand outs and t-shirts for my two boys.

68. Sabrina says:

I love the masks! It’s just sad that you can’t wear them when you have to wear glasses.

69. Rianna says:

We now have the full set :D Just blogged the Captain America one, it’s by far his favourite. Again, thankyou for the patterns, it’s given me the confidence to go ahead and make some of the more obscure superheros (including Hawkeye etc). Must do a collective post of all his masks soon :)

70. Anonymous says:

For some reason, I’m not able to view the templates. Is there another way that I can see them? I’m needing to make a Batman mask for one of my boy’s Easter baskets. Thanks!

Mallory

71. Thanks for the fabulous templates, Jessica!!! I’ve finally made some…

72. Anonymous says:

Perfect timing for the masks and capes. My nephews’ birthday is right around the corner and he is obsessed with superheroes. Thank you so much for the patterns. You have made so many people and kids very happy. I do have a question though…what would you recommend for cape fabric?

Ursula

uschbear at gmail dot com

73. Anonymous says:

Thanks! These are adorable! Carol

74. Anonymous says:

Love these!! Thanks for taking the time to make a pattern..they are so fun!!
    Heather

75. lemondedis says:

j’aime beaucoup : en plus, les explications sont claires et bien faites, ce qui est assez important aussi !… merci de partager toutes vos jolies idées… le lien est ici : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/fetes-pour-les-p-tits-chats/

76. Amanda Roberts says:

I’m making these for my brother-in-laws 30th birthday party, he’s a huge super hero guy! Are the templates kid size or adult size?

77. N.C says:

Me encantaron, soy maestra y les llevaré de regalo a mis niños.

Gracias por compartir la idea.

78. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for the templates!! This will be perfect as party favors for my son’s spiderman themed party! I will also be using one of your princess crown templates to make a wonder woman tiara for my daughter to wear at the party!

79. The Rach says:

Hi! Love these! Can you make some for my sons party? It’s July 14. I need like 35. Thanks!

80. Anonymous says:

I can’t open the templates, at least I’m not seeing anything when I click to open each one, just a grey screen. ;(

81. My soon to be 5 year old requested a Capt. America birthday part and cake. These super-hero masks will be perfect as party favors. And my soon to be 3 year old girl wants a princess party, so I’ll be making use of your princess crown templates too! Thanks.

82. Love the templates! I can’t sew to save my life so I am going to do them in the foam sheets and I was wondering how you would suggest attaching the elastic to the foam. Thanks!

83. Not sure if my comment posted because I wasn’t logged in when I hit “publish”.

I was wondering what I should use to attach the elastic to the foam sheets? I can’t sew this well…or really even a straight line…lol. Thanks!

84. Holy cow, these are amazing!!! I just LOVE them!!!

85. Shirl says:

I came through your blog from a link to cut felt using Silhoutte, and I saw these superheroes mask you made with felt. They are so cool! I have 3 boys and this is definitely going to come in handy. Thank you so much!

86. jody cowan says:

These are just adorable! I love how you can make so many things. I wish I was more “crafty”. Thanks for sharing all your templates! I’m sharing these with my readers.
    I have a Halloween Linky if you’d like to add anything. It’s for crafts and recipes. http://momndaughtersavings.com/halloween-linky-crafts-recipes-add-yours-find-some/

87. jody cowan says:

88. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the templates you just saved me a ton of time, I am making these today as a grift for my sons 3rd bday.

Mary

89. Jenn S says:

Your template is such a life saver! I picked up a set of batman pj’s about a month ago for Halloween, knowing I’d make the mask of felt. Not going fancy on costume this year, just too much going on. So glad I don’t have to scramble to make a pattern now. Thanks again!

• So glad you are getting use out of the pattern Jenn! I’m not going fancy on costumes this year either. I still don’t even know what my youngest is going to be… I should probably figure that out soon…

90. Tam says:

Thank you so much for the templates! I just did two of this for my nephews and their halloween’s costumes (the crazy twins :P) I used the spiderman one, and adapted the thor one for an optimus prime mask.

91. Erin G says:

These are so great! You did such a tremendous job. THey are recognizable and super simple. Impressive. My nephew (okay really, my brother, his dad) is going to love these for Christmas. Thank you for sharing the templates. It is generous

92. Holy MOLY! I’m going to add my comment to these other million comments because these are AWEEESSSOMMMEEEE! I CAN’T WAIT TO THROW A SUPER HERO PARTY FOR MY LITTLE BOY! Jessica these are AMAZING! xoxoxoxo-Brook

93. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the pattern, it is so cool!

Greets Conny from Germany

94. Maria says:

I made the mistake of printing these with my five year old behind me. He spent the whole time squawking “I want BATMAN, mom! Make me Wolverine! I NEEED THORRRR!” So much for a Christmas surprise, but at least I know he (and his 2 year old brother) are going to go NUTS when they open their gifts! Thank you for the work you put into these, and thank you for sharing!

95. Thank you so much for making all of the Avenger templates. My son is the biggest fan and he will love these! Pinned :)

96. Jessica, Thank you for your lovely tutorial. The size was perfect and everything came together perfectly…Marvellous and easy design

97. Suma R says:

Thank you so much for sharing the templates and tutorial.. You saved me time and money.. Thank you so very much!

98. Melena Weese says:

So I’ve posted a couple times but I never see them on the feed so I hope they are showing up. I did see some remarks about girl super heroes, & wondering if you ever got around to making any? Catwoman in particular? I’m not to handy without guidance & I love your other ones!!

• They only show up after I approve them (thank the spammers for that lol). I haven’t made any girl masks yet. It’s definitely on my list of things to do, just haven’t had the motivation to do it yet. :) My daughter seems to have taken an interest in superheroes, so I might just need to get on that. So glad you like them!

99. Jennifer says:

Thank you so much for sharing. I’ve used the spiderman mask for my son. Pictures are on my blog (with a link to your post) if you want to see it: http://unjourdeneige.blogspot.fr/2014/03/mardi-gras.html
    Thanks again!
    Jennifer

100. THE HILLS says:

Thank you!! I am making these for a birthday party right now! Your templates are saving me a lot of time :)

101. Sarah Wayman says:

So simple and yet so effective! I’ve made some pink, sparkly ones for my very girly 4 year old! She was delighted and wears them around the house constantly! I used 2 layers of felt but the fabric does buckle a little – would 3 pieces have worked better? Thanks so much for the templates and the brilliant ideas. I’ve also made the cape which again, was such a lovely, simple idea.

102. Ashly Morris says:

Approximately how much felt did it take to make these? Heading to fabric store in a bit! Making capes, masks, and arm cuffs!

• I’m not sure. It’s been a while since I made them, but you should be able to print out the templates and find out from there. You’ll need two cut for the base and then any other pieces that you need to add on.

103. Jazz A says:

These are incredible! We have a superhero theme birthday coming up and I’m considering doing these as favors for the kids to wear at the party to play. I was wondering would you consider doing a printable/template for female superheroines/ villains like wonder woman, cat woman, mystique, poison ivy…..?

• Thanks! It’s on my list of things to do. I just haven’t found the time yet. My daughter’s birthday is in July, and she’s telling me that what she wants, so we’ll see.

104. Honey Inia says:

Amazing tutorial. I’m going to make Captain America and Hulk for my boys this week.

105. nannersp says:

I don’t sew (my husband does) but I used your template and made my boy a batman mask out of leather and velcro, perfect! Thanks again!

106. Beth says:

Thank you so much! My nephew loved them!

107. monica mills says:

I am trying to print your superhero mask templates and nothing is printing! I LOVE this idea and am doing it for my son for his 5th birthday but i need them to print. not sure why they arent.

HELP!
    Thanks!

108. Jennifer says:

So…I would love to buy them b/c I’m not super crafty and my time is so limited. Would you consider selling them? I’d be interested in about 5. Just a thought…They are SUPER cute. :)

109. Tina says:

I just had to say THANKS! My 3 year old is starting to get into superheroes and masks more and more, so he will love there. I’m going to make them out of craft foam so they can go in the bath tub and go along with city buildings I’m going to make to stick on the wall and plastic superhero figurines for an awesome themed bath!

110. Hilary says:

I was wondering if you had any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle mask templates or any Angry Bird mask templates? I am trying to do simple/cheap Halloween masks for my 4 boys.

111. Ally Roz says:

We love these masks! I made Cap America and Spiderman last year and my boys play with them all the time. For Halloween this year, I’ll be making Batman for my older son, my younger one wants to be Spiderman again! Thank you!

112. Jennifer says:

I found your site via pinterest & subscribed to you! However, I have trying to access the templates you have for the child sized super hero masks, but I only get an Internet error. Do you still have them? Are you able to fix the link?

• Sometimes google drive has issues. If you still can’t access them, shoot me an email at cutesycrafts at hotmail dot com, and I will send them to you.

• Jennifer says:

I finally got them to work. :) It must have been an issue where my company’s firewall was blocking access. I could access from my home computer just fine. :) Thank you so much for your quick reply!! :) I cannot wait to start these.