Every fall I try to make this iced pumpkin spice cookies recipe. These pumpkin cookies are so delicious, and I love their texture! Any time I give them to people, they ask for the recipe, so I thought I would share it with all of you. Seriously, they are the best!
This recipe is really easy. Just make sure you use pureed pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. Although I think I did that once, and just left out the spices. They didn’t turn out as good, but they still worked.
I like my icing to be extra thick, but you can make it whatever consistency you want. Sometimes I even double the icing recipe if I want them to be extra sweet.
My mouth is watering just looking at these. Diet starts tomorrow, right? Hope you enjoy these iced pumpkin cookies as much as I do.
Iced Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbs milk
- 1 tbs melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 350° for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and drizzle icing on top. Allow icing to cool and harden before storing.
To make the icing: Combine sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla. Add milk as needed to achieve desired consistency.